Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yumm...double, dark chocolate...for the last 5 years I have had a love affair (don't worry honey...you're still my man:) with dark chocolate. It began after I read in a health journal that all of the anti-oxidants are oh so good for you! That's all I needed to hear...well, read. Tosca Reno endorses dark chocolate for goodness sakes!..in moderation, of course.

When looking for which cocoa to use in your cupcakes dark, dutch press cocoa not only give the best flavor but also the richest color. I suggest at least 65% cocoa with no added sweeteners, or flavors. A good cocoa should be able to stand on it's own!

Happy baking and good luck not eating 1/2 the frosting "testing" the consistency :).

3 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree! The darker, the better! We're lucky to have some great dark chocolate here in The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark chocolate IS so full of antioxidants and so delicious too. Moderation really is the key.

    ReplyDelete